Interesting Publication

20 Ants archetype at 20ants.com
Wed Oct 5 00:08:13 EDT 2005

And not just the personal effort of the author... each book has
several other editors and technicians who alternately nurse, nurture,
or beat the book into existence. While it's just another book in an
endless blur of books (I've edited about 120) it's personal on many
levels while it's in process.

Best regards. -Michael Watson

At 06:37 PM 10/4/2005, you wrote:

>On Oct 4, 2005, at 12:48 AM, 20 Ants wrote:
>
>>"I'm a Development Editor and Technical Editor, but I've also been
>>an author for (BigBuxPublishing). I know that writing this stuff
>>isn't what people imagine when they think of writing a book: it's
>>mostly tough, grinding, occasionally miserable work. I recognize
>>the effort this stuff takes and wanted you to know that I
>>appreciate what it takes and the quality of what you're writing.
>>After the dust settles you'll feel mighty good about what you've
>>accomplished. Other than those little issues where you say "Damn...
>>I need to do that differently in the next edition...""
>>
>>No doubt the same applies to you, yes?
>

>A fair assessment overall - although I actually enjoyed
>the process more often than not (not as tough and grinding
>as it could have been!)  The book was done mostly for
>fun (I didn't have to write it) and has hundreds of maps
>and graphics; creation on those, and their associated prose,
>made this project more like writing a graphic novel.
>
>What I learned is that any book in any form is mostly a
>huge personal project, infused with quite a bit of one's
>personality and experiences.  As I glance at the wall of
>MLs and other books in the living room, it is overwhelming
>to think of how much effort went into each one.
>
>john k.

20 Ants
5709 Broadway St. Indianapolis IN 46220-2569
http://www.20ants.com

   books, individually and in lots,  specialties are non-fiction & literature
   Member: Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA)