Interesting Publication

20 Ants archetype at 20ants.com
Tue Oct 4 00:48:07 EDT 2005

John,

As an editor of computer books, I wrote this to a group of authors
this very evening...

"I'm a Development Editor and Technical Editor, but I've also been an
author for (BigBuxPublishing). I know that writing this stuff isn't
what people imagine when they think of writing a book: it's mostly
tough, grinding, occasionally miserable work. I recognize the effort
this stuff takes and wanted you to know that I appreciate what it
takes and the quality of what you're writing. After the dust settles
you'll feel mighty good about what you've accomplished. Other than
those little issues where you say "Damn... I need to do that
differently in the next edition...""

No doubt the same applies to you, yes?

Best regards. -Michael Watson

At 06:14 PM 10/3/2005, you wrote:

>On Oct 3, 2005, at 1:18 PM, Scot Kamins wrote:
>
>>On Oct 3, 2005, at 9:58 AM, <modlib at alltel.net> wrote:
>>
>>>This was just released a few weeks ago.  Not an ML publication, but
>>>maybe some day!
>>>
>>>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1593852002/
>>>qid=1128357504/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-1717269-6068165? v=glance&s=books
>>WOW!!! Congrats, John!!!!! Your first book?
>

>How embarrassing!  Up to this point everyone here assumed
>I was a dashing and independently wealthy listserv owner
>from the midwest.
>
>A curious tale about the book: it was released in early
>september and i noticed a printing error, but one that
>few people would notice.  My publisher freaked out, and
>shipped all the books (save for about 250 that were
>pre-ordered and already shipped) back to the printer,
>where the offending page was cut out and a new corrected
>one "tipped in!"  More curious, the publisher sent out
>"corrected" pages (just one page in an envelope) to the
>250 people with copies, and is now sending "fixed" copies
>of the book to these same people, instructing them to
>recycle or throw away the error version of the book!
>Thus the rare, first edition / first state is made
>even rarer.
>
>john k.

20 Ants
5709 Broadway St. Indianapolis IN 46220-2569
http://www.20ants.com

   books, individually and in lots,  specialties are non-fiction & literature
   Member: Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA)