Cat Project:

Clare Imholtz muldoone99 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 15:34:05 EDT 2005

It's hard to imagine a humor category not including
Wodehouse.  Some other candidates, then, I guess,
would be Perelman, Ring Lardner, Dorothy Parker,
Waugh's The Loved One.

I still like the idea of categorizing national
literatures: i.e., Russian Literature, Irish,
American, British, Classical, etc.  This kind of
division is fairly common and would cut across the
novel, short story, poems, plays categories at the
least.

Also we could cut these same categories by time period
as well:  20th Century novels, 20th Century poetry,
19th century.... etc etc.

How about separating Biography and
Autobiography/Memoirs?

Should Camus's notebooks go in philosophy as well? The
Second Sex also?  (It's been so long since I read
these.)

These are just minor thoughts.  I think what's been
done is terrific.

clare