Cat Project: Incomplete First Pass is Up

Cottonwood Books cottonwoodbooks at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 13:18:46 EDT 2005

Sounds good so far.  What about Loti's Madame Chrysanthemum, since it is based on real events?  Not quite non-fiction?

benj

Scot Kamins <kamins at dogeared.com> wrote:

On Oct 2, 2005, at 9:51 AM, Bill DiBenedetto wrote:

> I don't think fiction belongs in the Travel genre. Gulliver's
> Travels a
> travelogue? please. Many novels feature journeys to exotic and not-
> so-exotic
> places but putting them in the travel classification (science
> fiction comes
> immediately to mind) would stretch the meaning of the term to
> absurdity.

OK. How about these:

oregon trail
coming of age in samoa [a stretch?]
two years before the mast
out of africa
travels of marco polo
story of an African farm

"We must be the change we want to see in the world." ~ Gandhi