REDUX: Points for 109.2 First?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Nov 14 15:17:21 EST 2005

Barry,

I moved a bit too quickly on this. You are quite right: I have a note
that says that the correct first does indeed show 405 and not 403.

Also the Guide Corrections & Additions page has a notation in the
Dj1st column section for that item indicating the change from 405 to
403 made on July 31st of this year thanks to John M. Wolansky.

Sorry,

Scot

> On Nov 14, 2005, at 1:03 PM, BARRY MILLER wrote:
>
>> Scot,
>>
>> Am I correct in believing that the first printing of the Camus
>> "The Plague" (109.2) should be 405, not 403 as shown in the Guide?
>> The dating guide indicates 405 for the first appearance of the
>> book in the Spring, 1961, listing. The Fall, 1960 does not include
>> the Plague.
>>
>> Have a copy of the stated first with a list of giants which
>> includes Wilson but not Mann, dating it to Spring, 1961. Ditto the
>> DJ which carries the number 405.
>>
>> Searched your listing of Guide inputs on dogeared but couldn't
>> find any indication of this.
>>
>> Appreciate your help on this one.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Barry Miller
>> bmillerasc at Comcast.net
>>
> Barry,
>
> I don't know about this. I'm taking the liberty of posting it to
> the ListServ in hopes that a member there will respond.
>
> - Scot Kamins
> "Speak your truth, even as your voice quakes."

Scot Kamins

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing." -- Edmund Burke