Pretty good find

JPetersonlhi at aol.com JPetersonlhi at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 13:19:00 EST 2005

Over a year ago I had picked up a 1929 Da Vinci Gift Set edition in DJ for
$10 at the local bookstore--Hyde Brothers.  I go to this place at least once a
month because they have high turnover and I can usually find something to make
it worth my while.  Since they shelve MLs according to subject, seeing what
MLs they have new takes a while--it's a large store.  This morning I went to the
store,  but decided to skip the usual literature and philosophy sections, and
went through military, history, psychology, etc.  In the Art section I was
astounded to find a gift set edition of Cellini--obviously a companion piece to
the DaVinci one of a year ago.  Since my mamma didn't raise a dummy, I decided
to hunt for the third of the trio.  After about ten minutes I found the
Michelangelo perched on top of some oversized art books.  I'm astounded that the
two I found this morning stayed on the shelf for a whole year!  All three DJs
have very little chipping and bright front and back panels, but all three have
badly darkened spines.  Still, not bad for $30!!

John Peterson