ML "Minor Authors" & Major Authors Cross-References (was Re: ML living authors)

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Nov 7 00:34:20 EST 2005

On Nov 6, 2005, at 6:55 PM, <modlib at alltel.net> <modlib at alltel.net>
wrote:

>> Project One: A "Minor Authors" section or page where we list each
>> author who's part of an ML anthology but who doesn't have his/her own
>> complete book. What would this look like?
>>

> Good idea.  I like the single page.  Although you may need to see
> the amount of data to determine what would look best.

I'm trying to decide what should be on it. Author's name, name of
work, linked name of anthology I guess. Repeat of column labels every
30 names or so.

>> Project Two: On major author pages, cross-reference author inclusions
>> in any MISC anthologies.
>>

> I especially like this project.  It really completes the author pages.

Yeah, it does. Both projects are really needed.

> What is the best way to divy up the work?

I need all the ToCs completed by people who have the titles.

Poetry anthologies should be included, I think. Name of work only if
it's a major piece of considerable length, else generic descriptive:
lyric poems, love poems, limericks, whatever.

Scot Kamins
When the elephants dance in the lowlands, it is best that the
musicians play from the hilltop.