Swift 10(b) Followup

modlib at alltel.net modlib at alltel.net
Sun Nov 6 14:48:22 EST 2005

ModLib Group,

Trevor sent me an image of his Swift/Gulliver PB that was a P10(b), or so it seems.  His copy has a later copyright (1958) and lists titles on the back to P50 (Spring 1959).  The PB Dating Key indicates Spring 1959 is when P10(b) replaced P10(a).

I have a P10(a) with 10 titles (Spring 1955) and a 1950 copyright.

Both of these PBs look the same, and have the same title (Gulliver’s Travels, A Tale of a Tub, The Battle of the Books) on the front cover (we should probably compare the title pages, right Joe?!)

The PB Dating Key indicates a new title of Gulliver’s Travels and Other Writings.  Trevor's is now the second 1958 copyright P10 that has the original title.  Was there ever a second P10 printed?  Is the date off a cycle in the key?  Or is there some subtle difference we are missing?

Has anyone seen "Gulliver’s Travels and Other Writings" on the front of a P10?

thanks,
ron