Diary of Pepys ML Ephemera

GORDON NEAVILL aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sun Nov 6 13:19:29 EST 2005

This is clipped from the front panel of a Boni & Liveright
jacket, 1921-25.

Curiously, it omits the first two sentences of the jacket
Diary of Samuel Pepys to appear at a cost which enables the
average reader to sit down and enjoy the inspired chatter of
the Diary. And what a remarkable editorial job Richard Le
Gallienne, long a student of the Diary, has done!"

The same description was used on the front panel of early ML,
Inc., jackets, but as far as I know those weren't on blue paper.

Barry