New "Dealing with eBay" FAQs are up

Michael Stutz stutz at dsl.org
Sat May 28 19:19:34 EDT 2005

Scot Kamins <kamins at dogeared.com> wrote:

> But growing up in the gender-bending and anti-sexist 60's, I HATE
> "him" when the referand  could be a "her."

Don't worry, she'll get over it---especially if she's got a classical
education ... which admittedly is getting rarer by the minute, thanks to
the destructive shenanigans of the 60's.

> I suppose could rewrite the sentence using the plural "sellers" and
> thus allowing me to say "their" and "them."

I still think you ought to just rebel against the bogus counter-culture
and give "him" a try, but hey---to each his own ...