New "Dealing with eBay" FAQs are up

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sat May 28 19:05:40 EDT 2005

On May 28, 2005, at 3:58 PM, Michael Stutz wrote:

> Scot Kamins <kamins at dogeared.com> wrote:

>>> What's wrong with Strunk & White?
>>>

>> I avoid wasted words whenever possible. :-D
>>

> Then you'll love what S&W has to say: never ever ever use that clumsy
> awful "him and her" and stick with the intelligent "him."

BUSTED!!!

But growing up in the gender-bending and anti-sexist 60's, I HATE
"him" when the referand  could be a "her."  And of course using the
gender-neutral "one" sounds too pretentious even for moi. I suppose
could rewrite the sentence using the plural "sellers" and thus
allowing me to say "their" and "them."

- Scot Kamins