Fwd: re: New "Dealing with eBay" FAQs are up

J B Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Sat May 28 17:29:43 EDT 2005

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bill DiBenedetto" <billdi at earthlink.net>
To: "List Serv" <modlib at algol.owu.edu>
Subject: re: New "Dealing with eBay" FAQs are up
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 14:25:52 -0700

> Re:
> Whenever possible, pay using a credit card (or the credit card option
> within
> PayPal).

Scot --

I agree with this for the most part, but have some additional thoughts.
    For some people it's not possible or desirable to use cc's. As a
general,
and personal, rule I feel very uncomfortable giving out credit card
information and I try to keep that to a minimum. (In fact I don't use
cc's
much at all anymore for a variety of reasons we need not get into,
except
for a gas card and one card I have kept active for emergencies.) I also
don't like to pay by credit card for small transactions totalling less
than
$20.00, and if I were a seller I would not like that too much either
because
of the cc transaction fees, (unless I was a high-volume seller, I
guess).
For small deals I always prefer paying by personal check -- and for the
larger buys I might consider PayPal after a thorough evaluation of the
seller's feedback scores.

Thanks, Scot for the work on this -- it's right on the mark and should
be
required reading for anyone that uses eBay.

bill
206-491-0296 (wk)
206-963-0499 (personal)