New "Dealing with eBay" FAQs are up

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sat May 28 15:51:01 EDT 2005

On May 28, 2005, at 12:39 PM, Cottonwood Books wrote:

> Scott, this is good.  I did find a small typo "say what they are
> and ask *hir* to check for you" under the Complete Description
> heading.

Hi Benjamin,

"Hir" is part of a movement in certain modern schools of grammar to
eliminate the awkward "him/her" construct when the sex of the object
is indeterminate but the number is singular.  But it is a bit
startling. I'll change it.

> Also, a suggestion: Can you link to photos of what you are
> describing (like catalog number inside dj, number on spine, what a
> buckram looks like, etc.) and also link to pertinant info on
> dogeared.  I've seen several auctions on ebay that describe a type
> 8 as buckram.

Probably. ;-)  Can you be specific about which FAQ you're talking about?

- Scot Kamins