Question on Firsts/Dating Key

modlib at alltel.net modlib at alltel.net
Mon May 23 22:12:36 EDT 2005

Hi Scot,

Thanks for that info.  The two that I had indicated as ones that had later printings are there, but the table does not provide any more info than the guide.  With 311.1, it is obviously a first.  But not so with 347.1; there is no DJ number.

Perhaps that table can have a link to the Dating Key for titles that do not have a DJ number.  For example, with 347.1 you need a Spring (or Fall) 1964 list in the back of the book.

Also, the other two don't say 'First', but they only had one printing (I think).  Even so, should they be in the table as an exception?  (i.e. first not mentioned, but all are FE?)

ron