between the covers

modlib at alltel.net modlib at alltel.net
Mon May 23 20:48:34 EDT 2005

Just finished Best Stories; Maupassant.

Currently reading Pickwick Papers and Maltese Falcon.  I don't have much time to read so I try to keep two or three active and stashed around the house for when there is a break from the family activities.

This is my first time through these classics, as I build my ML collection.  With a math/science/engineering major I never read much lit.  I have been pleasently surprised at how much I have been enjoying these.  (Except Lord Jim.  In my opinion, TERRIBLE.  It's one of the few things my wife agrees with me on; she read it in high school)

ron