Quick FAQ for eBay ML Sellers?

Sharon Biederman sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu
Sat May 21 19:15:43 EDT 2005

Scot,

    I've known a number of people who experienced serious problems with
Paypal as well as with credit cards, checks, etc.  Nothing works
perfectly. When selling, I don't use Paypal, but I do offer the option of
returning the item for any reason--or no reason.  In more than 3,000
transactions I've had only one return and I'm sure my experience is not
unique. The best way to diminish risk is to buy from people you trust. If
I were buying an ML from Amy Comeau for instance, the payment method would
be irrelevant because the book will always match the description.  On the
other hand, if I buy from a "good for it's age" (sic) seller, I can almost
guarantee an unpleasant surprise.

                             Sharon