Quick FAQ for eBay ML Sellers?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Fri May 20 15:27:24 EDT 2005

On May 20, 2005, at 12:10 PM, <modlib at alltel.net> <modlib at alltel.net>
wrote:

>  also agree with Sharon that the onus is on the buyer to verify
> what they are buying.  Maybe there can be a quick checklist for
> buyers; i.e. things to verify.  The details and explanations for
> items in that checklist can be found elsewhere on dogeared (they
> already exist), if the reader is interested.  This does not,
> however, help the purchaser of a book based on title/author rather
> than publisher.  But if you spend more than a few bucks on a used
> book you should be responsible for doing due diligence.

I agree strongly about  "due diligence" and asking the right
questions.  On that score, what should the "quick checklist for
buyers" include?

As Joe and Sharon have both pointed out, no question can really
protect you from the truly unscrupulous seller. We can, on that
score, build another list of tell-tale signs to look for.

Other sellers insist on maintaining their ignorance. And there's no
help for that either - except to know when it's time to move on.

- Scot Kamins