Quick FAQ for eBay ML Sellers?

modlib at alltel.net modlib at alltel.net
Fri May 20 15:10:43 EDT 2005

My biggest complaint is consistant with what Joe said; unmentioned flaws.  If I don't ask the correct question that is my fault.  However, a couple times I have been disappointed in the condition of a book.  A recent copy I received had shown a very nice DJ.  The book was described as Very Good.  When I received the item, I found the cover of the book under the DJ (which I never saw) was a disaster.  But also as Joe says, I have been pleasently surprised.  Like getting a first edition without knowing it ahead of time.

I also agree with Sharon that the onus is on the buyer to verify what they are buying.  Maybe there can be a quick checklist for buyers; i.e. things to verify.  The details and explanations for items in that checklist can be found elsewhere on dogeared (they already exist), if the reader is interested.  This does not, however, help the purchaser of a book based on title/author rather than publisher.  But if you spend more than a few bucks on a used book you should be responsible for doing due diligence.

ron