Quick FAQ for eBay ML Sellers?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Fri May 20 14:45:40 EDT 2005

Ron,

Treat it any way that you think has merit and will forward the
action.  Here's the original post again:

Hi All,

After perusing a particularly outrageous ML eBay auction
the other day I thought it might be useful to construct
a brief ML FAQ for non-expert eBay sellers.

Will they find it?  Who knows?  If they search for "modern
library" on google they will probably find Dogeared and if
this FAQ is near the top of the top page they might.  Also,
maybe there are eBay seller tip sites out there someone
could post the FAQ to.

This should be brief, because someone selling a few books
might seek such info, but probably will not go thru all
the info at a site such as Dogeared.  It should stress the
things unknowledgeable eBay sellers of MLs usually get wrong -
dating, firsts, etc. - but also information to include (number
of titles listed inside of the DJ).

Could this FAQ be limited to 5 or 10 points?

So - anyone have succinct entries?

john k.

On May 20, 2005, at 10:00 AM, <modlib at alltel.net> wrote:

> Scot,
>
> Do you mean eBay in particular, or are you using eBay to mean any
> mechanism over the internet?  Or, even more simply, purchasing in
> any manner without first seeing the book?
>

> ron
>

>> From: Scot Kamins <kamins at dogeared.com>
>> Date: 2005/05/20 Fri AM 11:51:52 CDT
>> To: ML ListServ <modlib at algol.owu.edu>
>> Subject: Re: Quick FAQ for eBay ML Sellers?
>>

>> I think that maybe approaching this idea - which I believe has merit
>> - from a different point of view may draw more discussion. This comes
>> out of an idea that John Krygier expressed in an e-mail to me:
>>

>> What are your complaints about buying ML books on eBay?
>>
>> - Scot Kamins

- Scot Kamins