Comments and Observations on New Feature

20 Ants archetype at 20ants.com
Thu May 12 16:30:22 EDT 2005

Two items:

1. Perhaps Henry Toledano has scarcity info that isn't in the book.

2. What "new guide?"

-Michael Watson

At 12:21 PM 5/12/2005, Scot Kamins wrote:

>On May 12, 2005, at 7:29 AM, <modlib at alltel.net> wrote:
>
>>So, it seems like you are proposing mapping Toledano A-Z into Kamins
>>R1-R5.  Something like:
>>
>>R1 = A-G;
>>R2 = H-J;
>>R3 = K-M;
>>R4 = N-Q;
>>R5 = R-Z
>>
>>Then, the effort would be to find the ones whose price does not match the
>>rarity.  For example, a "Toledano-H" title that has high demand to drive
>>the price, but a high enough supply to warrant a "Kamins-R1".
>
>First, don't call it a "Kamins-R1." We can call it a "Dogeared-R1" [or
>DR-1]   if you like. :-)
>
>But to the issue:I hadn't thought of mapping to the Guide, but now that
>you suggest it I think it would be a great place to start. I'm interested
>in rarity as opposed to price.
>
>(The new Guide will deal with bringing prices up to date, I imagine.)
>Scot Kamins
>
>"We must be the change we want to see in the world."  ~ Gandhi

20 Ants
5709 Broadway St. Indianapolis IN 46220-2569

   Books & materials subject to prior sale, order by e-mail or telephone.
   Prices are net USD, payment by PayPal to archetype at 20ants.com,
   or international money order/check with order. Indiana pays 6% tax.
   Institutions invoiced. Books returnable in 10 days: contact us first.
   Domestic S&H: $3.50 1st book, $1.00 per additional book by USPS
   at Media rate. International, Priority Mail, or other carrier by quotation.
   books, individually and in lots,  specialties are non-fiction & literature
   Member: Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA)