sale of illustrated modern library

J B Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Thu May 12 13:30:04 EDT 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 11:57 AM, acpertusi at aol.com wrote:

> as most of you know I have been trying to sell my
>  illustrated modern library collection. to date, I haven`t
>  even got a question.
>  I thought I would use the resources that exist in this
>  group, by asking why no one, to date, has expressed
>  an interest.

Even if I had enough money to acquire a large collection of the
books I collect, I don't think I would do it.  The thrill of the
hunt and accumulating books a few at a time seems more satisfactory
to me.  So collecting is about the process, not the end result (a
full collection).

I am guessing that dealers would happily acquire a large collection
but only if they were at dealer prices (so they could be sold,
probably one by one, at a profit).

I recall that Sam of Arizona tried to sell a large collection of
B&L MLs in DJ awhile back on eBay at book value - those did not
sell either - and finding B&Ls in DJ is much tougher than most of
the Illustrated MLs.

john k.