Comments and Observations on New Feature

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu May 12 13:21:07 EDT 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 7:29 AM, <modlib at alltel.net> wrote:

> So, it seems like you are proposing mapping Toledano A-Z into Kamins
> R1-R5.  Something like:
>
> R1 = A-G;
> R2 = H-J;
> R3 = K-M;
> R4 = N-Q;
> R5 = R-Z
>
> Then, the effort would be to find the ones whose price does not match
> the rarity.  For example, a "Toledano-H" title that has high demand to
> drive the price, but a high enough supply to warrant a "Kamins-R1".

First, don't call it a "Kamins-R1." We can call it a "Dogeared-R1" [or
DR-1]   if you like. :-)

But to the issue:I hadn't thought of mapping to the Guide, but now that
you suggest it I think it would be a great place to start. I'm
interested in rarity as opposed to price.

(The new Guide will deal with bringing prices up to date, I imagine.)