Potential new Dogeared feature: Scarcity ratings for ML titles

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed May 11 19:14:29 EDT 2005

Terry,

How did you arrive at your rarity ratings - that is, how did you
determine that one book was a, R2 and another was an R5?

On May 11, 2005, at 3:58 PM, Terry I. Seymour wrote:

Scot,
In my Guide for Everyman's Library I assign seven scarcity ratings. My
system may be of interest to your users.
7 is the most common and 1 is the scarcest. 5 is a special rating that
applies to very popular titles that, due to normal handling, are hard to
find in collectible condition.
Terry Seymour