Can someone explain...

Lennig/Sullivan andromeda at mn.rr.com
Wed May 11 00:08:53 EDT 2005

I'd love to have it.

Chris

Chris Sullivan
3506 Sunrise Drive West
Minnetonka, MN 55345
Home: (952)939-0082
Cell: (612)616-5059
andromeda at mn.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pecksgrove at aol.com
  To: modlib at algol.owu.edu
  Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 8:15 PM
  Subject: Re: Can someone explain...

  Yeah, well!  I have a ratty old copy of The Sun Also Rises, with the Central Pacific Base Command Library stamped on the edge of the lower pages.  Imagine having a book that one of our men in WW2 read while fighting for our liberty.  The inside stamp is the
  19th Infantry Regiment, 24th or 34th Infantry Division.  If it wasn't for the historical aspect, kind of like Washington ate here, it would barely qualify as a reading copy.  However, the pages are intact as is the spine tho a bit loose, there is no dustjacket.  It is a type 8, which, since it has Regiment markings, is early 40's.  I have refrained from selling this book because of its historical quality, but it doesn't fit the parameters for the quality of my ML library, so who knows someone who could use this book for its esthetic value, and would pay for postage?  maybe your dad read the book.  I got the greatest thrill walking across the church yard at St Mere' Englis.