Boni & Liveright jackets

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sun May 8 12:40:17 EDT 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 9:20 AM, GORDON NEAVILL wrote:

> I've identified 12 distinct Boni & Liveright jackets.  These
> are distinguished primarily by the lists of ML titles.
> Jacket 1 (listing the first 12 titles) and jacket 2 (listing
> 18 titles including the six published in July 1917) have the
> paragraph symbol.  Jackets 3-12 have the large initial.

Thanks for this info, Barry.   I'll make the necessary adjustments to
the various Dogeared pages (FAQs, Missing DJs page, etc.),

Do we assume from this that if the DJ has the paragraph symbol it must
be a first printing DJ? Or did second printings of 1st catalog books
(that is, May 1917 editions perhaps reprinted in July) have the
paragraph symbol as well? (I'll bet it's not too likely that titles
were reprinted so quickly, though.)

> I'm delighted to see Meredith's Diana of the Crossways in
> jacket 2 now posted on Dogeared.  Another example of jacket
> 2 in remarkably fine condition is Butler's The Way of All
> Flesh in the possession of Joe Hill.

WHAT?  Holding out on us, eh Hill?  OK, Let's have those images!   :-D