Leather&DJ Salome

Hal and Angela Whisnant halpw at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 23 15:57:33 EST 2005

I just came acroos a B&L Wilde, Salome with a nice DJ for about 3.00 bucks. It has a 1/4 hole just between, and to the right of the # and colophon. There is chipping and a few tears around the edges of the DJ, and a light water stain at the bottom, but other than that it's in pretty good shape. The leather cover has a few very small, light spots (probably from mold) but all the gold is still there and very bright.
I started to sell it, but counld not bring myself to push the button. I have not run across many of these with the DJ in this good a shape. I'll probably keep it for a while, until my book buying habit has me overstretched, and I need to get the monkey off my back.

However, I am having trouble with the dating. The colophon is a running tourch bearer, and sits above the #83 on the DJ. It is on the front cover of the leather, but not on the spine.There are two lines at the top of the spine, and one at the bottom, under "Modern Library." There is no mention of the publisher, though, anywhere in the book. Just that Wolf was the binder. The bottom of the title page states: "PUBLISHERS   : :   ::  NEW YORK."
Any help would be of great value, and well appreciated.
Thanks, Hal