Carlton House

J B Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Fri Mar 18 09:27:56 EST 2005

Hi MODLIB,

An interesting pile of "Carlton House" books can be seen in this
eBay auction (I am not promoting this auction!):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6951731412

Carlton House was (if I recall) a 'cheaper' version of the ML put
out by Random House - there are several different bindings and
designs (they varied over the years).  Each one I have seen is
printed from the same plates as the ML edition.  The books are
designed to look a bit like ML editions but neither the ML or
Random House are noted on the books (in the few I have seen).
Not sure what the DJs on these looked like.

A curious ML related series that does not get mentioned very often!

john k.