EVERYMAN"S LIBRARY PRICE GUIDE

Cottonwood Books cottonwoodbooks at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 16:41:12 EST 2005

Wonderful.  Your testimony and the link is exactly what I needed to see.

blc

J B Krygier <jbkrygier at owu.edu> wrote:

On Mar 12, 2005, at 2:33 PM, Scot Kamins wrote:

> At 11:25 AM -0800 3/12/05, Cottonwood Books wrote:
> Has this guide been reviewed somewhere, by an Everyman colllector? I
> would like to see it reviewed first.
>
> Benjamin,
>
> The book is brand new. I don't know if too many people have even seen
> it yet!
>
> PING: John Krygier - have you seen this book? What do you think of it?

The Everyman's Guide is brand new and I have not seen a copy yet.
Samples of some of the entries are here:

http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail~bookid~28416.aspx

There is no key on the above page to the format of each entry, but
entries include information about the first edition, variants, a
scarcity index (1 is scarcest), actual number of books produced (!!!) -
in parenthesis after the scarcity number, and notes when appropriate.

While I have not seen the entire Guide, I have no reservations in
recommending it: Terry has around 5000 EL books, and I know he
has completed extensive archival work on the series (the
Dent & Son archives are in North Carolina). In the 2 or 3 years
I have been emailing and bothering Terry with questions about my
Everyman's Library collection he has never failed to have an answer,
even to the most obscure questions.

I believe the EL guide has an extensive discussion of Dent & Sons,
dust jackets, bindings, etc. in addition to the individual entries.

I have no doubt that this Guide will do for collecting Everyman's
Library
what the Andes and Toledano guides did for collecting Modern Library,
and I can honestly say go ahead and get it - I am sure you won't be
disappointed in any way.

John K.