that Gatsby on eBay

Readingstore at aol.com Readingstore at aol.com
Fri Mar 4 19:38:30 EST 2005

Hello all,
First off, I wish to thank Henry for the wonderful copies of The Guide and
Andes ML Bibliography which I purchased from him a couple months ago.

I will not comment on the State issues brought up, because I am not an
expert, but I do have a commonsense reaction that 225 would HAVE to be earlier.

I would like to comment on the jacket condition statement:

"First Printing white dust-jacket printed in blue & black lettering, has been
maintained in mylar protective covering and is in VERY GOOD+ or better NF
condition, showing the much less than usual & very light wear to spine ends,
corners of folds and top extremity, slight, yet evenly darkened spine not
affecting the lettering. Dust-jacket does not show any of the usual chipping, rips or
tears, soiling or significant markings. An unusually Colorful & Fresh example
of this first printing dust-jacket that is seldom found in collectible or
presentable condition, if found at all. As nice of a copy that any collector would
hope to find. "

To me this jacket looks Good+. Is it common or acceptable to overgrade ML
jackets because of their rarity (in anything better than Good+ condition)? Guess
this should be a whole new topic.

Neal
Customer Service Rep.
ReadingStore at aol.com