ebay warning

DCHOCK7 at aol.com DCHOCK7 at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 11:40:35 EST 2005

Thanks to all the people who wrote about my problem with a particular ebay seller. Please note that I was only trying to alert you to the problem with this particular seller; I really have had very few problems with ebay purchases, but that's because I try to investigate the item first. You will get taken occasionally, as I was, but you can keep these problems to a minimum.

As many of you know, there is an ML Gatsby in DJ for sale on ebay now. The seller claims it is a first issue DJ; it is not. Although almost all later Gatsby jackets are stamped discontinued, this one is not. However, it lists 268 titles on the inside, a clear confirmation of a 1939 date. This is just another example that shows how careful you must be in checking out ebay lots prior to bidding, particularly if you plan on spending a lot of money to obtain an item.

Pete