the whole enchilada

HTatML at aol.com HTatML at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 14:25:11 EDT 2005

I think it was 1987 when I was offered a complete Modern Library collection
for sale. The minimum price wanted at the time was $1500 and I refused saying
it was too much (for a dealer). Books were as new. However, there very few
firsts, only the later years were firsts. And of course none of the better titles
were present, like the Maltese Falcon, Gissing etc were present.. Anyway, one
of the biggest book stores here in San Francisco bought the collection (at
$1500) and priced it at $3500. It was in the store three or four years before a
collector bought it at $2500, after most of the books had fallen on the floor
after the 1987 earthquake!

Henry at Books etc

Books etc
PMB 395,