The Gogol Giant

GORDON NEAVILL aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sat Jun 11 10:39:05 EDT 2005

I don't know the print runs for Bewley's English Romantic
Poets or Brown's Between Hume and Mill.  Most of the late
Giants had print runs of 5,000 copies -- William James,
Thomas's Abraham Lincoln, Beauvoir's Second Sex, Gogol,
Olmsted's Cotton Kingdom, and Lewis's Children of Sanchez.  If
some of these titles are harder to find than others it isn't
because they were printed in fewer copies.  The one exception
among the late Giants was Basic Writings of Friedrich
Nietzsche, which was printed in 7,500 copies.

Barry