Guide Question -> Now 90.3 (Four Cont. French Plays)

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Fri Jun 10 12:31:20 EDT 2005

On Jun 10, 2005, at 8:23 AM, GORDON NEAVILL wrote:

> The first printing of Four Contemporary French Plays
> states "FIRST MODERN LIBRARY EDITION, September, 1967" but has
> a spring 1967 list at the end of the volume (includes
> Faulkner, As I Lay Dying but not Faulkner, Pylon). I've seen a
> later printing without the first statement but didn't note the
> date of the list at the end.

So there was indeed a later printing. Given the commonality of the
title and the fact that the first has a value of G, it would seem
fair to list a value of F for a later edition.

This, of course, brings up that old issue of later editions sometimes
being scarcer than firsts, but because of market demands the more
common instance brings more money.

Weird, that.

- Scot Kamins