Guide Question -> Now 90.3 (Four Cont. French Plays)

GORDON NEAVILL aa3401 at wayne.edu
Fri Jun 10 11:23:09 EDT 2005

The first printing of Four Contemporary French Plays
states "FIRST MODERN LIBRARY EDITION, September, 1967" but has
a spring 1967 list at the end of the volume (includes
Faulkner, As I Lay Dying but not Faulkner, Pylon). I've seen a
later printing without the first statement but didn't note the
date of the list at the end.

This was originally scheduled for spring 1967 -- perhaps the
reason for the spring list.  I don't know why it was
postponed.  Oddly, it wasn't listed in Publishers Weekly
"Weekly Record" of new books until May 13, 1968 ... maybe RH
forgot to send it in when it first appeared.

A fall 1967 list includes Faukner Pylon but not Forster,
Collected Tales; a spring 1968 list includes Forster,
Collected Tales but not Burgess, Clockwork Orange & Honey for
the Bears.

Barry