The Gogol Giant

Printmat at aol.com Printmat at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 08:01:30 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/10/2005 3:13:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mdbuckingham at msn.com writes:

> Flipping through the Toledano price guide, I noticed that the Collected
> Tales and Plays of Nikolai Gogol rates an R price rating, making it second in
> value only to the Tolstoy, which was first in the series. Is it really that
> scarce?
>
> Matt B.

We sold one at about Guide price a few years ago, but there are 5 on ABE
right now, in varying conditions, priced well under that. Like many other books
once thought scarce, Gogols are coming out of the attic to some extent. Of
course, five copies for sale worldwide is not exactly flooding the market, is it?

best,
Bob Riedel
Print Matters! Used & Rare Books
42 Washington Street