Complete Series!

J B Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Tue Jun 7 18:14:19 EDT 2005

Hi Modlib,

While certainly a bit off topic, I am proud to announce
that, after years of diligent, assiduous, and unrelenting
effort, I now possess a complete set of books from "The
American Fiction Library."  What is nifty about this reprint
series is that it consists of only two titles (and two does
make a series).

The classics reprinted in "The American Fiction Library," in
the late 1940s, are Janet Lewis' "The Invasion" and Frank
Waters' "The Man Who Killed the Deer."  This was, certainly,
the least ambitious series of classics ever undertaken.

For those of you despairing ever amassing every Modern Library
title, do check out "The American Fiction Library."  I am
considering authoring a collectors price guide to the series.

John K.