illustrated modern library-illustrator`s sign copies

acpertusi at aol.com acpertusi at aol.com
Sun Jun 5 16:17:29 EDT 2005

It is my understanding that the first 500 copies of the
following titles in slipcase were signed by the modern
library illustrator:
brothers karamazov-william sharp,illustrator
the wisdom of confucius-jeanyee wong, illustrator
pickwick papers-david mc kay,illustrator
tom jones-warren chappell, illustrator
these first printed copies can be identified with
the imprint"modern library"on the spine,
and not "illustrated modern library", which denotes
a later edition.
however, how is one to verify the signature as being
authentic. Is it possibe we can list the signatures,
from those who have them , on kamins file for
use by subscribers in verification?
anthony pertusi