More First Info

modlib at alltel.net modlib at alltel.net
Sun Jul 31 21:33:30 EDT 2005

I agree that there is more information that should be provided for 'firsts not stated as such'.  For example, O'Neill/Ah, Wilderness! 342.1; I believe the Dogeared indication is binding 11, and this all that is provided.  However, I have two copies of this with binding 11.  One copy is a first (I think) with a Spring 1964 book list and a 'k' jacket.  The other has a Spring 1965 book list and an 'l' jacket.

So in some cases, when a book list is present (and accurate, remember Barry said these were not updated after 1967 or so), we should be able to identify the season/year.  Also we should be able to provide the jacket type of the first.

Second: I had made a proposal to determine and add the DJ1st numbers for the 'new' editions of existing titles.  For example, 66.2 does not have a DJ1st, but it has a price indicator.  I believe the number should be 374.  There are a bunch of these to add.  The proposal was to add these to the soon to be active maybe ML Collector site, but the Dogeared page concerning updates to the guide seems like the right place.  Anyone interested this time around?

Anyone have a 66.2 with an earlier number than 374?

ron