UCE Complaint

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sat Jul 30 14:28:01 EDT 2005

On Jul 30, 2005, at 9:58 AM, Sally Springett wrote:

> Do you truly not know that viruses highjack address books and when
> you get unwanted mail from a stranger chances are said stranger
> hasn't a clue?
Sally,

I don't think that's the case here. Ed is indeed a member here. But
it's quite possible that the e-mail address he used to join the
ListServ is hooked up to a spam blocker; if you don't specifically
tell many blockers that a specific bulk-type address is OK (such as
modlib at algol.owu.edu), the blocker assumes that the e-mail comes from
a spammer.

I've sent a personal e-mail to Ed alerting him of the problem; I'm
sure he'll clean it up.

> At 12:35 PM 7/30/05, you wrote:
>
>> You have sent the attached unsolicited e-mail to my
>> e-mail account.
>>
>> I do not wish to receive such messages in the future.
>> Please remove my name from your lists immediately.
>>

>> You have sent the attached unsolicited e-mail to my
>> e-mail account.
>>
>> I do not wish to receive such messages in the future.
>> Please remove my name from your lists immediately.
>>

>> You have sent the attached unsolicited e-mail to my
>> e-mail account.
>>
>> I do not wish to receive such messages in the future.
>> Please remove my name from your lists immediately.
>>

>> You have sent the attached unsolicited e-mail to my
>> e-mail account.
>>
>> I do not wish to receive such messages in the future.
>> Please remove my name from your lists immediately.
>>

>> You have sent the attached unsolicited e-mail to my
>> e-mail account.
>>
>> I do not wish to receive such messages in the future.
>> Please remove my name from your lists immediately.

>> training
>> books are chewed and tooth-marked. It is an easy guide to which
>> training books actually work!</div>
>> <P style="MARGIN: 0px">Neal<BR><A
>> href="mailto:ReadingStore at TheBookScene.com">ReadingStore at TheBookScene
>> .com</A></P><BR><BR>
>> <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT:
>> blue 2px solid"><BR>-------- Original Message --------<BR>Subject:
>> Re:
>> Reversed title on spine<BR>From: Scot Kamins
>> &lt;kamins at dogeared.com&gt;<BR>Date: Fri, July 29, 2005 7:05
>> pm<BR>To:
>> modlib at algol.owu.edu<BR><BR>On Jul 29, 2005, at 3:37 PM,
>> &lt;modlib at alltel.net&gt; wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;
>> Scot,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; (I say "oddly" because it's a
>> common
>> title,<BR>&gt;&gt; and my database says I have
>> it.)<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Maybe Charlie the Lab checked it out
>> of your library and is reading &nbsp;<BR>&gt; it?<BR>&gt;<BR>This is
>> possible. He is a remarkably slow reader though (he moves his
>> &nbsp;<BR>lips when he reads), and I'm afraid I won't see it for a
>> while. I &nbsp;<BR>hate when he borrows my books - talk about
>> dogeared
>> pages - he chews &nbsp;<BR>the corners off. </BLOCKQUOTE>

Join Dogeared for access to thousands of ML images and tons of
members-only info!
http://babyurl.com/85Q8Es