Stop buying books?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Jul 27 20:43:59 EDT 2005

On Jul 27, 2005, at 3:50 PM, J B Krygier wrote:

> For a demo of how you can read on your cell phone
> (which is not exactly a neural interface) see the link
> about halfway down this article about "rapid serial
> visual presentation" (RSVP - ick!)
>
> http://www.mobilemagazine.com/archives/2005/07/tech_by_design_3.html

The article says (in part):
"Using BuddyBuzz, Fogg claims he can read 700 words a minute. At that
rate, you could read a novel in about an hour and a half, if your
phone battery doesn't give out."

I don't think that I >WANT< to read a novel in an hour and a half. I
quite enjoy taking several days, even a week, to read one, picking it
up and putting it down as I choose, thinking about what I read,
relating it to the rest of my life and to Life In General.

I think of ee cummings: ""For life's not a paragraph, and death I
think is no parentheses."

Join Dogeared for access to thousands of ML images and tons of
members-only info!
http://babyurl.com/85Q8Es