...a book jacket question.

Patrick Kerr crashelmet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 18:43:38 EDT 2005

I'd like to first ask your pardon for this is more than likely, a pretty
dumb question. I'm a new collector though, and consider it progress to be
able to form any kind of question at all. That said, I am having a blast
exploring this new world, and am amazed and obsessed by the books, the guide
and of course, the dogeared website. That said, I'd appreciate a little
guidance. I've got copy of "Out of Africa" which seems to be from 1963 from
dating the jacket. It has an "i" type jacket though, which stopped in 59. I
assume the publishers would not bother updating the back of the jacket if
the front was staying the same, but since the book was originally published
by ML in 52, wouldn't it have an "h" type jacket? Scot's incredible database
shows a scan of the same jacket which is labeled 1963 - which would be a "j"
jacket type? Any help in explaining the discrepancy, if it is one. I've got
a John Donne with the same sort of issue. Thanks. --Confused in Hollywood.