Book Scans are Getting Expensive

readingstore at thebookscene.com readingstore at thebookscene.com
Tue Jul 26 14:12:58 EDT 2005

1. My books are warehoused. So Monday I get request for scan. If request
email shows it was mailed to 5 gazillion dealers, I will delete the
email. If not, I add it to books to be picked for shipping. If there is
no overriding necessity, Tuesday noonish I get books from warehouse. Big
rush to get books to Post Office by 5:00 pm. If workable I will send
scan that evening. If not, in early morning. If purchase seems likely,
I will keep it on a shelf, if not assign it to a box for warehouse.
Hopefully, when someone actually purchases the book 2 months later, it
is still on the shelf !

2. Shortsightedness is in the eye of the beholder ! Say it takes 4
minutes to scan a book and return it to inventory, 120 in 8 hours. So
reasonably, I could:

A. Put 120 books in front of me and scan them, increasing their sell
rate. Or:

B. In the same time period I could freshly catalog 240 ISBN books

I always choose option B, getting the inventory out for sale.

Thank You,
Neal
Customer Service Rep.
ReadingStore at TheBookScene.com