Book Scans are Getting Expensive

modlib at alltel.net modlib at alltel.net
Mon Jul 25 20:54:20 EDT 2005

Actually, "shortsighted" is one word:

Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

shortsighted

adj 1: lacking foresight or scope; "a short view of the problem"; "shortsighted policies"; "shortsighted critics derided the plan"; "myopic thinking" [syn: short, unforesightful, myopic] 2: not given careful consideration; "ill-considered actions often result in disaster"; "an ill-judged attempt" [syn: ill-considered, ill-judged, improvident]

If I was ready to purchase a book, and just wanted to verify via a scan (not for a $2 book; but maybe $10), and was told $2 for a scan... I would call them a blackguard and buy it elsewhere.

ron