Stop buying books?

Steve Fox srfox at mac.com
Mon Jul 25 20:54:27 EDT 2005

I buy, and read, a lot of books, and have for 50 years, but I think
that reading as we know it will be a cultural artifact in the first
world by the end of this century, practiced by only a few academics
and eccentric hobbyists.  Speech recognition and generation, in
conjunction with neural interfaces, are now at the same primitive
stage of development as Franklin's key-on-a-kitestring experiments
were 250 years ago; by 2100, they will be advanced well beyond
functional levels and applications that we are currently capable of
imagining.

Uber

Happy Birthday to me.