Balloon cloth Return of the Native with Pictorial Jacket

GORDON NEAVILL aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sat Jul 23 18:12:47 EDT 2005

Does anyone have a copy of Hardy's Return of the Native (121)
in a balloon cloth binding with a smaller version of the
pictorial jacket that was used with the Blumenthal binding
from the 1940s on?  The jacket was designed by Paul Galdone in
October 1938, so it was probably used on at least one printing
before the larger Blumenthal binding was introduced -- but
I've never seen it on a balloon cloth binding.

I'm hoping to submit my ML bibliography for publication by the
end of the year, so I'm trying to tie up as many loose ends
before then as I can.

Many thanks,
Barry
Gordon B. Neavill