Color Variation in Paperbacks?

sandjtilley at comcast.net sandjtilley at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 17:14:40 EDT 2005

Scot:Im interested in seeing these on the website, provided they truly exist and are not just fading or other minor color variations. scott

Hi Folks,

(I seem to remember writing about the general topic of color variation in paperbacks before but can't recall getting any response. That one was on P-2, 7 Famous Greek Plays.)

This morning Ron Holl sent me an image of P28, O'Neill's "The Iceman Cometh" (one of my favorite plays, by the way) with red as the primary color. The one on Dogeared - from my own library - is chartreuse. Now, chartreuse is one of the colors that red fades to when sunned; but my copy is evenly chartreuse on all surfaces which would be unusual in fading.

The paperback dating key is silent on the subject of color. Any comments on this topic?

Scot Kamins

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke