Color Variation in Paperbacks?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Jul 21 12:54:48 EDT 2005

Hi Folks,

(I seem to remember writing about the general topic of color
variation in paperbacks before but can't recall getting any response.
That one was on P-2, 7 Famous Greek Plays.)

This morning Ron Holl sent me an image of P28, O'Neill's "The Iceman
Cometh" (one of my favorite plays, by the way) with red as the
primary color. The one on Dogeared - from my own library - is
chartreuse. Now, chartreuse is one of the colors that red fades to
when sunned; but my copy is evenly chartreuse on all surfaces which
would be unusual in fading.

The paperback  dating key is silent on the subject of color. Any
comments on this topic?

Scot Kamins

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing." -- Edmund Burke