End Papers, Lewis Carroll, One more Q

John jwol at fast.net
Thu Jul 7 23:37:05 EDT 2005

I just looked at my copies of To the Lighthouse, 217.1 1937, and Rome Haul,
191.2 1938 and see the same statement you reference, which I also see on my
1941 G28.  Most of the Giants I have from that period have blank endpapers,
and with just a cursory look, I did not see that statement on any of the
other Giants.  My guess is this is just another example of the weak quality
control at ML, the statement was incorrectly included in the Carroll book,
and Kent endpapers were never scheduled for the Giants.  They are in both of
the other books I mention.

John Wolansky