Fwd: Any good bookstores that carry modern library?

20 Ants archetype at 20ants.com
Sat Jan 29 14:27:08 EST 2005

If there are any Half Price Books stores on your path you should visit
them. They have a constantly-rotating inventory of books that is priced by
a constantly-rotating inventory of employees, most of whom are clueless on
how to price and ML. The ML pricing generally runs between $3.00-7.00 and
you will find wide and wild variation in the same store. Carry the tax
certificate from your home state to prove that you are a dealer and you can
get a 10% discount.

As for San Francisco...

Forrest Books is highly-recommended. MLs to be found among his stock. A
really good bookseller who works hard at doing things right. A clean shop
of nice stock.

Black Oak Books (Irving St location) and Great Overland Books tend to have
MLs and are decent shops. Community Thrift also has a large book
"department" and there are occasionally MLs there.

If you take the train under the bay you might try Friends Of The Berkeley
Library Bookstore.

-Michael

At 08:36 AM 1/29/2005, you wrote:
>foward from list owner (large HTML attachment removed) - jk
>
>Forwarded From: owner-modlib at algol.owu.edu
>
> > Subject: Any good bookstores that carry modern library?
> > Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:47:21 -0500
> > From: "Morris, Terry" <Terrence.Morris at gisinfosystems.com>
> > To: <modlib at algol.owu.edu>
>
> > I have some upcoming travel and I was wondering if anyone could
> > recommend some bookstores where I could find some good ML's?
> >

> > Where I'm going:
> >

> > In California
> >
> > San Francisco
> >
> > Los Angeles
> >
> > That rather large swath of land between those two cities,
>specifically
> > the coast line
> >
> > In New Mexico
> >
> > Santa Fe
> >
> > Albuquerque
> >
> > Taos
> >

> > I have not spent a lot of time in the west but will in the
>future.  So
> > any suggestions either in these areas or general info about
>stores out
> > west would be great.
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Terry
> >

> > Terry Morris, M.L.S.
> > Polaris Account Manager Western Region
> > GIS Information Systems
> > 800-272-3414 ext. 8319
> > Cell 315-569-2396
> >
> > "We are in the business of helping public libraries serve
>their patrons"

20 Ants
5709 Broadway St. Indianapolis IN 46220-2569

   Books & materials subject to prior sale, order by e-mail or telephone.
   Prices are net USD, payment by PayPal to archetype at 20ants.com,
   or international money order/check with order. Indiana pays 6% tax.
   Institutions invoiced. Books returnable in 10 days: contact us first.
   Domestic S&H: $3.50 1st book, $1.00 per additional book by USPS
   at Media rate. International, Priority Mail, or other carrier by quotation.
   books, individually and in lots,  specialties are non-fiction & literature
   Member: Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA)