Wuthering Heights 400 p. with Macaulay introduction?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sun Jan 23 17:31:11 EST 2005

I have a Wuthering Heights with the Maculay Intro and the 390 page
version that dates in the back of the book to Spring, 1950.  (James,
Washington Square but not Alcott, Little Women.)  The DJ for this
book dates to fall, '48 (Dickenson but not Austen).  I'm guessing
that the late date for this book indicates that the answer to your
question is probably "no".

John Peterson

John is wise, I think, in his use of the terms "guessing" and "probably."

I believe that any strong negative conclusion is unwarranted for two reasons.
(1) In general, it's almost impossible to prove a negative. With the
occasional exception, you can't really prove that something DID NOT
happen (in all fields from quantum physics to basket weaving); you
can only prove that something DID happen.
(2) The Modern Library is infamous, as we all know, for anomalies in
nearly every phase of its publishing habits.

--
      `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
       (@@)